Why hire a home inspector? It’s the smart thing to do.
Why do mortgage companies, insurance companies, investment advisers, real estate professionals and other experienced home buyers all recommend getting a home inspection? It’s because purchasing real estate is a huge investment therefore it makes sense to hire a professional to do a detailed visual inspection before you buy. Not only could it save you thousands of dollars, it can give you peace of mind about your new home.
When we inspect single family homes we look at…
- the structure from foundation to attic
- electrical system
- heating and cooling system
- built-in appliances
- pool and spa
Perhaps more importantly, home inspectors look at the home with an eye towards occupant safety, such as…
- gas connections
- venting of fuel burning appliances
- integrity of firewall separations
- smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- preventative measures for child safety around pools and spas
Give us a call if you have any questions or to set up an appointment. We’re here to help.